Thursday, September 18, 2008

Dracula

Dracula (Everyman's Library (Paper)) Dracula by Bram Stoker


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
I have never read an epistolary novel and it threw me a bit at first. I felt like I wasn't getting enough of "the action" and, silly as it seems, I could not stop thinking, "No one writes their diary like this!" Needless to say, it took me awhile to get into the book, but it is a classic, so I figured it had to catch my attention sometime.



And it did. I wish the dynamics between men and women still existed like they did then. The men were men. The women were adored by these men. The character of Dracula was scary not only because he'll suck your blood bu he is intelligent as well. Great character development. He piqued my interest in vampires (especially Vlad the Impaler) and now I'm obsessed. And I think that's one sign of a great book: when it creates a passion to know more.


View all my reviews.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm I might have to read/listen to the book