Saturday, November 8, 2008

Thomas Hardy said it best

Everybody is so talented nowadays that the only people I care to honor as deserving real distinction are those who remain in obscurity. -Thomas Hardy

This is one of my favorite quotes by my favorite author.

Everyone is capable of great things if they only try. I find everyone to be endlessly fascinating, if you only sit down and really talk to them. I want to meet the people who are great, but living in obscurity. Not announcing their greatness to the world in hopes that someone will believe them.

5 comments:

Gina said...

Very interesting thought. Would you care to analyze all of us? What am I?

Charlotte said...

That is why I like blogs- everyone's every day life can be fascinating.

My 7 year old asked if they were getting a trophy for football. I told him I hoped not, they only played games with their own team and hadn't kept score. A great way to start to learn, but not trophy worthy.

Mom at Our House said...

So I think that I must be one of those people you want to know. I don't have any friends (where I live) and I don't even know what a part is unless it has balloons and a train cake.

PS the whole who has the most friends on facebook drives me nuts. I truly don't want a lot of friends on there. It just clogs up your wall with junk

brooke said...

Hey...Thomas Hardy became my favorite too after I read Tess of de'Urbervilles.. funny, I didn't know.. Maybe you just didn't take time to get to know obscure ole me! hahaha just kidding tiff, I sure love ya... Sometimes it does (esp as girls) feel like you are in the rat race though... but what are you talking about, you don't have to try, you are just an interesting person, people are drawn to you.

Kalli said...

Interesting I love your deep thought process but unlike gina I don't want you to analyze me :)