Wednesday, August 18, 2010

William Randolph Hearst, Sand Dollars and Boo's.

I am currently sitting on a plane at LAX typing on my phone. I wonder if I throw a big enough fit, if I can stay in California? I don't want to go home! I don't want to go back to work yet! I don't wanna! *wah wah *. It didn't work. Oh, well. Home I go. I had the most wonderful time here. I got to see Summer, Rich and Lucy. I met my boo, Nick.



AND i did an enormous amount of wonderful things. This last weekend I was here, we got to go to Hearst Castle! I listened to a podcast about it last year some time and since then have dreamed numerous times about going and I have taken the online tour at least 4 times. I MUST decorate my future home as William Randolph Hearst did his: gaudy.






I also went hiking in Big Sur again. Then I went to Point Lobos, which I visited the first time I came out here in March. And Carmel, which is another quaint little town that reminds me a little of New Hope, with it's galleries and hip shops.






The last night I was there, Summer and I went to the beach to look for sand dollars. We didn't find any, but had a grand time giggling with our head lamps on and getting attacked by the occasional large wave that came crashing in. It was by far the most beautiful sunset I had ever seen.




And now... back to the daily grind. Good thing I love my job. And my friends in Utah too. I love you guys.

5 comments:

Mom at Our House said...

I am glad you had fun in Cali, but I am also glad you are home.

knarls said...

Oh, what fun! I love all the photos, and it looks like you had a great time. MWAH. I'm sorry you have to be away from your boo.

Meredith said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I love Big Sur. And I've always wanted to go to that castle too. Was it worth it?

Tiffany said...

@Meredith- It was definitely worth it. I want to go back and take the other tours. I wish it weren't so darn expensive, but I still want to go back to see the library.

Tiffany said...

And my boo