Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Home Videos

I went to Erin's house last Monday night to pick up some beverage and ended up staying for my second and final dinner of the night. We started watching our home movies we made in 2002-2003, which would make me 19-20 years old. We used to record everything we did. Case in point: when we got into our car accident in Spanish Fork Canyon, my side of the car was smashed into a cement barrier and she couldn't open her door, so we had to crawl out the back. I remember jumping out the backseat of the car and one of us saying "Wait, grab the camera!" And I'm glad we did. You can see the car in the background, smoking and car horn blaring while Erin calls 911 on her dance light phone. Priceless memories. We spent 45-minutes on Monday watching videos and I really, really want to watch the rest right this second. We thought we were so cool. In hindsight, we were not really cool at all, but quite funny. I was 20-30 pounds heavier with red and blonde hair and a tongue ring, so I cringe alot while watching it, but again, funny stuff.

I told Erin that night that I was going to start recording everything that happens again, because even though I am not nearly as cool as I was when I was 19 and my life revolved around cruising for guys on State Street, I will really enjoy the memories down the line. I don't think she believed me, but here it is:




























Yay! Now I can start recording everything I do again.  I love my new video camera. It's so handy and adorable.  Just you wait Erin. This is gonna be great.

3 comments:

Mom at Our House said...

I can't wait to see what you record this weekend *wink*

Shay, Chelsea and Jonas Allen said...

Sweet! I want in on this action. I will be your camera woman (who makes the occasional cameo). I'll send you my qualifications and my prices, if you are interested.

thejindras said...

Now just to keep it charged...:) Can't wait to see our "old but cool" awesomeness we are on tape.