Friday, August 22, 2008

New York, New York

The last two weeks have been exhausting and therefore, no new posts. New York City was a blast overall. When I got back I started looking for a job for the new school year as well as substitute teaching this week. The week started out pretty good and then went a little downhill as the days went by.

Monday and Tuesday: I stayed up way too late. It was so fun being back in my old, old classroom.

Wednesday: I was so exhausted at work. I'm not used to being to work by 8 o'clock in the morning. I also suffered from food poisoning* (*note: I'm pretty sure God was punishing me for going to Hooters, as I'd never been before and the first time I go, I feel like dying for days afterward)

Thursday: A truly tragic death and sadness amongst my friends. Also, there was severe awkwardness while trying to be social with a new group of the opposite sex.

Friday: I feared I'd lost my phone and was sick all day long because of it and what may be discovered if someone else found it... Now, I am ready to just crash and sleep, but I can't of course, cause... well, duh, it's Friday night.

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for... in no particular order, my pictures from New York City.


At Rockefeller Center. We spent one night there just sitting and talking for hours and I took pictures for random bystanders. They all loved me cause I took my picture taking job seriously and made everyone take a lot of pictures and do lots of poses.

At the famous Serendipity, eating blackout cake. It is sooo amazing. I promptly made it for my mom, Kristen, Weston and Sam when I got home.

Hey dumb dumb, me want gum gum. At the Museum of Natural History.

In Times Square


Let's open up a restaurant in Santa Fe. Sunny Santa Fe would be nice... I seriously sang this song in my head every time we got onto the subway.


At St. Patricks' Cathedral


Eating New York pizza. Ever since I moved home from New Jersey, nothing has compared and I couldn't wait to get back to eat some.

Outside of "Rent". It was so much fun to see!

"Phantom" was the most amazing experience of the whole trip. Seriously. I may have teared up a little while watching it.


And there was walking. Lots and lots of walking.

6 comments:

Charlotte said...

Looks like you had fun in NYC. Go get some sleep!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun, and I am glad you FINALLY updated your blog, I was afraid you were dead, then I remembered I see you everyday at home so you couldn't have died, you must just be bad at updating your blog.

thejindras said...

geez thanks for bringin me home pizza and thanks for making me ice cream......anyway im glad you had fun and made it home safe and that you didn't have to sleep on the streets with your suitcases....that's what i'm most glad about. it's a good thing some people are very bipolar..i know i'm grateful to be.

Brenda said...

Seriously look how cute you are in all those picture! It looks like a lot of fun. I would LOVE to see phantom some day.

Rhonda said...

I am glad you shared your trip with me everyday. I felt almost like I was with you. I love my new purse. Thanks for picking it up.

GordonTucker said...

I loved new york when I visited there. We got to see les miserables while there. Broadway plays are amazing aren't they?