Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I hate October

October is my least favorite month of the year. My brother passed away 4 years ago and today (the 21st) will be the anniversary of his burial. I helped my sister move to Washington this last week and finally got up the courage to look at the pictures from his funeral (which she has the copies of). Why did we take pictures of the funeral? Don't ask me. I love you mom, but I thought it was a little morbid at the time, and now, having looked at the pictures... it's definitely morbid.

Anyway, that's how I feel all of October. Quite a bit sad and alone. That's right people, feel bad for me... not really.

I guess this post is just to honor my little brother's memory.






Brandon Thomas 10/08/1986- 10/16/2004

8 comments:

Gina said...

Tiffany, I love you so much. I'm grateful you're my sister.

brooke said...

I can't believe it's already been four years. It still seems very unreal to me. I guess you need to make a fun october tradition, to keep your mind off things. So I live really close to New York City, and I hear its beautiful this time of year! I know you were just here, but hey, just trying to help.

Brenda said...

Hey, my thoughts are with you and your family, sorry it is such a crappy month for you. Try to smile :)

Anonymous said...

Morbid, but cool. We all miss Brandon, but why didn't you put the pic up that we discussed?

Meredith said...

I always thought funeral pictures were kind of morbid too. I'm sorry you hate October, although I can certainly understand why. If I were there I'd give you a big hug. I love you!

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

I am sorry that it is such a hard month for you. I will be thinking of you and hope that things look up.

thejindras said...

I miss him too. I love you tiffany come make caramel apples and carve pumpkins with me on saturday at my house.

Charlotte said...

I'm so sorry this month is so difficult for you. That was a sad time. My thoughts are with you and your family.