Monday, July 19, 2010

2nd to last day in Peru = Sad

I am glad you guys are reading my blog. I am sorry I am not posting anymore. Here is what happened...

(squiggly lines, squiggly lines, suiggly lines swirling and focusing into a scene)

I posted once and it took me so long to get even one post done. And then I checked a few days later to write the second post and only becca had commented, so I gave up. It is too hard. I want to spend every second here having fun. So I figure what I will do is this: I am going to type up my journal when I get home for personal reasons and because I have to turn it in to my professor. So I am thinking everyone who is interested and does not speak to me on a regular basis can hear about my adventures in Peru, day by day, while I am actually in California. Sounds fantastic, right?

While I wait for my amigas to get done, I will write a little bit, because I am too exhausted to wander on my own for a bit. My legs hurt. We got into Cusco on Saturday and it is suprisingly large. We met our host family and they are wonderful and loving and talented. The program for the University started on Sunday and we met Jesus who runs the Amigos Spanish School. He is fantastic and sassy and likes to share his sexual encounter stories with me for some reason. We started lessons on Monday and I had the most wonderful class ever. I learned quite a bit from Jossie, but we spent pretty much the entire time laughing. She even took us out for Cuy (Guinea Pig). It was muy rico and very hard to cut, so I did not eat too much, but I have some wonderful pictures for later. They bring the cuy out full. Teeth, hands, feet and all.

Archaeological wise, I have been to see Machu Picchu, Tambomachay, Pukapukara, Qengo, Saqsayhuaman (pronounced Sexy Woman), Pisac, and Moray. They were all breathtaking. The most profound experience of the trip was stepping off the train in Machu Picchu town (Aguas Calientes). I nearly cried when I saw the mountains soaring above me and the fog setting in all around us. It was... astounding.

We went out a lot too. They have a fun discoteca in the Plaza de Arms and we have gone salsa dancing a few times. I really am sad to leave.

My time is up on the computer. Love you guys. See you in a few days.

3 comments:

thejindras said...

I hope you don't get cuy poisoning...yuckadoo...yes i better be one to get a phone call with details and a lunch date soon after to see all the pictures...Sounds like you are enjoying your trip. Good. love and miss ya.

Rhonda said...

I replied to your post and I have been checking 2 to 3 times a day to see if you updated. I love you and I am glad you are having fun. Miss you.

Jess said...

I can't wait for pictures and to hear all your stories! Love ya and see you soon!!