Thursday, July 8, 2010

Peru- Day One

I made it! I can not believe that I am actually here! 3 plane rides down, 5 to go over the next couple of weeks. The flight wasn´t too bad. I was a little worried about the ride from Atlanta to Lima, but they had lots of food and "New Release" movies to watch, so I was set. When we landed, we had a ride arranged through Katie, one of the girls I was traveling with. They are, by far, the scariest drivers I have ever encountered. There aren´t so many rules that need to be followed. People honk a lot and that is their way of saying "Get out of my way, because I am getting into your lane wether you like it or not". There were a few times where we literally drove between two lanes, squeezing in between cars on either side.

The food here is amazing and for some reason, we´ve taken ALOT of pictures of our meals and drinks.







We are staying in the suite at the Bella Vista hotel in Mira Flores and it is the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in, and for only $40 a night. I will try to upload some pictures later. The only problem is, our balcony shares a glass wall with the gym that is downstairs. So, we are woken up every morning around 6 when the cycling class starts and they blast the music. They have a really nice outdoor cafe/bar downstairs as well.

The first day we got ready and started walking towards the big mall that is on the beach. We stopped constantly to shop in the little stores along the streets. They have tons of shoe stores around and I am still contemplating a really cute pair. We stopped for drink at Mezze, a really cute restaurant with even cuter waiters. There are some very good looking men down here and they are all very nice. I might have to bring one back with me. Anyhoo, we finally made it to the beach and mall around 6 at night, meaning it took us 6 hours to make a 10 minute walk to the beach. They have some great stores at the mall and it is set right against the beach. We plan to spend a whole day at the beach tomorrow or the next day, but we got some nice pictures of it.


















There is so much more to tell and pictures to show, but we really want to get out of here and start our day. This computer is really slow at uploading pictures, so I got as many in as I could. I will upload more soon. Today we are going in to downtown Lima to see the Cathedral, catacombs, etc. Talk to all of you soon!

4 comments:

Mom at Our House said...

Love it! I am glad you updated us. It looks like you are having a lot of fun! Don't forget to buy me a shot glass or 2!

Jess said...

Yay I'm glad you made it safe! The food looks really good and I love that pic of the beach!

Meredith said...

I'm not sure what that food is, but it looks delicious! Have a great time!

Shay, Chelsea and Jonas Allen said...

Eek! I didn't know you were going to be blogging on your trip! I heart you! I am so excited to check your blog, so I hope you can do more, more, more! It looks like you are partying it up! Ohh, I am so jealous/thrilled for you! Okay, be careful, have fun, I love you!