Sunday, July 13, 2008

School is the Bee's Knee's

I started writing this blog last Wednesday, so just pretend like it was last Wednesday when you read this, hmmkay? Thanks. I appreciate it.

Today was fantastic! I went to Katie's house in the morning and met my mom and two sisters there. Fantastic, right? I bet you thought it couldn't get more fantastic. But it does... I made PlayDough cookies, thanks to Gina, with the kids. Merisa especially, as she had helped me with some literacy testing I needed to do. And when I asked what she wanted as her present for helping me, she said she wanted to bake. A woman after my heart.



Definitely not my best hair day

I had to leave for school before they were baked though, but they saved me some cookies. And that's all that matters. Eating cookies.

I met with my Academic Advisor today and she is the best. After much shuffling of my schedule, she worked it out so that I'll be graduating Summer '09 and assuming I get into the graduate program, I'll have my Masters Degree in Spring 2010. 2 more years of school and I'm done. Outta here. If you consider it in terms of my age, maybe it's not so great. I was giving a presentation on heterosexism in one of my class yesterday and referred to myself as the "25 year old spinster of Utah County". Everyone laughed. But it was a "Ha, it's true, but I'd never say it to your face" sort of laugh. Ahhh, friends... Anyway, I thought it would be another three years, so I was so happy when she helped me with it. Besides getting it done sooner, I found out the Master's program has one required class and the rest I get to choose. Life is, well, I don't know, what's a good word for it, hmmm, oh I know, FANTASTIC!

3 comments:

Gina said...

Oh Tiff! How FANTASTIC!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tiff. What can we say who doesn't like to bake and make cookies i think everyone likes cookies and to make it even better they are made from Play Dough the best of both world's.

Rhonda said...

I am so proud of you. You will make a fantastic teacher. I know I learn from you. Love you.