Thursday, July 3, 2008

Younger men

I just got back from the store. As I was leaving, two guys were walking in and turned right around and followed me out of the store. "Hello" he said. "Hmm... Hello" I replied. Words were exchanged as I tried to get out of there. Oh, he was good looking enough. And he towered over me; 6'5" I would guess. (I LOVE tall men). But I knew, just like I always know, because I am an old spinster. That's right, an old but extremely sexy, spinster.

He asked for my number. I asked how old he was.

18. Eighteen. 8teen. Aytein. Doesn't matter how you spell it; 18 is 18. "Yeah, I'm 25" I said. He still wanted my number. Whatever.

It's sad that I can assume and more than likely be right that any man I meet here in Utah County is years younger than I. Everyone my age is married. Don't take this the wrong way. I love being single. Honest and true. I never want to get married. There's too many things I want to do in life, and they don't necessitate a companion. Plain and simple.

9 comments:

Shay, Chelsea and Jonas Allen said...

I shall pray for Edward to come and fix what ails you. It was so darn faboo to see you today. You are so very fun and such a very nice gal. I'm glad to call you my cousin...and...my friend. *tear wipeage* Heart you forever, my little cherry blossom. (And seriously, eighteen?!!)

Anonymous said...

Tiff 18 is not to young for you. You need to stop being so picky you crazy nut. You don't have to marry him. Just let him shower you with complements and gifts K.

Best Family said...

Hey Tiff it is Gentry. Becky's friend if you forgot. Becky said you wanted more people to look at your blog so here I am. I think you should go for it, 18 is not that bad. Younger men are good because they will do more for you then the older ones. I don't know if that is true, but it sounds good right? Take him out for a test drive. I love your blog.

Rhonda said...

Well, well most women would be flattered. As I am sure you how. At least he is tall. One out of two qualifications is pretty good

Katie Favorite said...

Tiffany this is Katie. I think you should take what you can get, I mean you aren't getting any younger and you aren't going to get married if you don't do it soon.

Katie Favorite said...

That was really Becca and not Katie I think that you need to be a little picky but not a lot

Summer & Rich said...

Muffin head. There is nothing younger with younger men. I went on a date with and 18 year old once, I was 26 oh yeah and I told him to take me home pretty much right after he told me how young he was. Just keep the younger to a maximum of a couple years. Tia and I both think younger men are better cause they pretty much worship you. Rich is younger than me and it really helps that I am totally in love with him but still he is younger.

Charlotte said...

Where did you learn that 25 makes you an old spinster? You need to move out of Utah. Everywhere else you are a lunatic to consider marriage for a couple years yet.

BTW, I live not far from New York City (about 2 1/2 hours up I95) If you need a place to crash and are going North at all, we're a good spot.

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Tifany- this is your cousin Kim. I found your blog through Charlotte. This post made me laugh out loud. Too funny. I was 26 when I got married and Ken was 32 and I enjoyed every one of my single years! Being married is great, don't get me wrong, but there are a lot of great opportunities that come with being single.